Monday, January 24, 2011

One of my pieces for PEABODY and SHERMAN.


Dreamworks announced the Peabody and Sherman feature film in this weeks issue of Entertainment Weekly, and they happened to include one of my early concept paintings of Mr. Peabody himself. Right there next to Robert Downey Jr. (the voice of the smartest dog on earth).

Peabody and Sherman was actually the first project I came to Dreamworks to help develop. There is much more development work by some very talented artists that I'm sure you'll be seeing in an art of Peabody and Sherman book sometime soon. The original 1960s concept of the worlds smartest dog, his boy, and a TIME MACHINE made this film so much fun to explore and play with!
(The image on the top left is a still from the original TV show.)

12 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Woodling said...

I remember seeing this up on cartoon brew. You did such an awesome job translating the flat design into a turn-able character while retaining the charm. I only hope the whole film looks this good!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Kendra Melton said...

Oh this just made me incredibly happy. I had only heard rumors until just now. Can't wait for more images to be released! Great work!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Matías Hannecke said...

Very cool stuff. Can't wait to see the movie.

1:29 AM  
Blogger DianeM said...

Fabulous news! Love the Mr. Peabody design, RDJ will make him live! Something fun to really look forward to.
and
CONGRATULATIONS Shane to you & all your co-vikings on How To Train Your Dragon's Oscar nominations!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Ryan Green said...

It's official! Can't wait to see more dev from the movie. Great painting, too. He definitely upstaged RDJ.

9:02 AM  
Blogger JoeyCee said...

my nickname was Mr peabody when i was a kid...just a fun fact

10:26 AM  
Blogger Will Finn said...

That is some hot s#!t artwork there! Love it!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Holger said...

I thought this looked like yours, when I saw it on Cartoon Brew. Congrats Shane!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Holger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

No wonder I was digging it so much. Hope the final vers. retains this one's simple charm.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Trevor Spencer said...

this is great! love your design for the character. hope it gets translated well:)

7:46 PM  
Blogger ro said...

Hi Shane,

This is Robin from Axis Animation. Would it be possible to get your contact details regarding future work?
You can email me: robingierhart@axisanimation.com

Thanks

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home